Anti-Bullying Presentation for Parents – Oct. 9
- As you know, District 54 is committed to ensuring the academic success and social-emotional well-being of all students. This fall we introduced a new social-emotional learning curriculum at all grade levels focused on the belief that each child deserves to be Healthy, Safe, Engaged, Supported and Challenged.
- We value our relationships with our students’ parents as we work together to support the children in this community. Therefore, District 54 will host a presentation for parents and other adults in our community about the negative effects of bullying and what we can do as a community to create a culture of kindness and respect.
- Humanity Rising is partnering with Kirk Smalley of Stand for the Silent to deliver this powerful message in October, National Bullying Prevention Month. Mr. Smalley will talk about how his own son committed suicide after being bullied.
- The presentation will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 9, at our Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Click here to access the flyer for the event.
- We hope you will make plans to join us. And please reach out to us if there is ever anything we can do to better support your child.