- Los Windy City Bulls albergara una noche de compra de boletos dedicada al Distrito 54 el viernes 10 de enero en el Sears Center Arena de Hoffman Estates, y una parte de los ingresos de cada boleto comprado se donará a la Fundación Educativa del Distrito 54.
- ¡Haga clic aquí para obtener más información o para comprar boletos!
- La noche de adquisición de boletos a beneficio del Distrito 54 contará con estudiantes del Distrito 54 que participaran en presentaciones y otras experiencias en la cancha antes y durante el juego, y un partido de baloncesto de entre los participantes del programa de Olimpiadas Especiales del Distrito 54 durante el medio tiempo.
- The Windy City Bulls will host a District 54 takeover night on Friday, January 10 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, and a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased will be donated back to the District 54 Education Foundation.
- Click here for more information or to purchase tickets!
- The District 54 take-over night will feature District 54 students participating in performances and other on-court experiences before and throughout the game, and a District 54 Special Olympics basketball match at halftime.
Winter weather is here!
- Is your child dressed for the winter weather? Sometimes our students like to scoot out of the door in the morning without gloves, hats, and boots. With snowy and cold weather coming, make sure your child has a warm coat, gloves, and hat on them when they leave for school. All students will go out for some fresh air for recess when the temperature is above zero degrees with the wind chill. Snow pants and boots are needed if your child wants to play in the snow. Otherwise, students will play on the blacktop that is cleared of snow. When the wind chill index reaches below zero degrees or when precipitation causes outdoor activities to be extremely uncomfortable, recess is held indoors. Therefore, please remember to help your child dress for the winter weather.
Winter Spirit wear
- Winter Spirit wear is now available for purchase! Includes new items like the Bobcat Pride t-shirt and the 2020 6th Grade Commemorative T-Shirt. (Please note every Blackwell child K-5 will be receiving a FREE Bobcat Pride T-shirt and every Blackwell 6th Grader will be receiving a FREE Commemorative T-Shirt). Visit www.europeansports.com/#/schools/blackwell to place your order online.
- All orders are due by Dec. 2nd for Dec. 18th delivery. See the attached flyer for more information. Flyer
- Many of the sizes run small. When in doubt- order a size up!
- The next round of MAP testing begins December 2nd. We are excited to monitor the progress of the goals we reviewed with your child earlier this year. Shortly after the conclusion of the MAP testing window, we will share the results with you.
- We are excited to see the growth our students have made since the winter MAP administration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Dear Blackwell community,
We hope that you all had a wonderful week! It is hard to believe that it is almost Thanksgiving. We look forward to our Made up Musical assembly on Monday and our Bobcat Buddy time together on Tuesday to kick off our extended break. School will be closed from Wednesday, November 27th-Friday, November 29th. All clubs on Tuesday, November 26th have been cancelled. We wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving break! We hope it includes time with family and families as well as some much needed rest and relaxation!
We will see everyone back at school on Monday, December 2nd!
Jillian Sagan and Stephanie Fry
- Come support District 54 Special Olympics athletes from Blackwell at the Pack the Stands event Monday, November 18, 2019 at Addams Junior High. Be ready to cheer for all the athletes – our hometown District 54 students– as they compete on the basketball court. At halftime, our Special Olympics Poms team, the District 54 Sensations, will perform their routine as well! It will be a fun evening for all! Arrive at 5:30 pm to be sure you get a seat!
- The next round of MAP testing begins December 2, 2019. We are excited to monitor the progress of the goals we reviewed with your child earlier this year. Shortly after the conclusion of the MAP testing window, we will share the results with you.
- We are excited to see the growth our students have made since the fall MAP administration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
- The schedule will be sent out in the upcoming weeks.
- As a Blackwell community, we would like to announce that the annual Blackwell Family Giving Tree Project for the 2019-2020 school year will be coming to our office soon! We would like to take a moment to ask our community and staff to help support Blackwell families to make the holiday season a little brighter.
- The Blackwell Family Giving Tree will be available in the office beginning Friday, November 22nd. The Blackwell Family Giving tree will have ornaments for individual children with “a wish” gift request and other pertinent information. We ask that all gift requests taken be logged in with the secretaries, wrapped with the ornament firmly taped to the gift, and returned to the office by Monday, December 16th so families can pick them up the week before we leave for break.
- If you would like more information about Blackwell’s Family Giving Tree, you can contact the main office at 847-357-5555 or the Blackwell Social Worker at 847-357-5548.