- Spirit Week- Dec 17th-21st
- Monday- Meme Day and/or New Blackwell Pride Shirt
- Tuesday- Winter Wonderland-White Out
- Wednesday- Wear Orange
- Thursday-Ugly Sweater Day
- Friday- PJ Day
- December 20th- Variety Show 6:00pm show in the gym
- December 21st- Last Day of school before Winter Break
- January 7th- School Resumes
- We are focusing on the Key of Excellence Integrity. Integrity explained to our kids is where we match our behaviors with our values in all you do and say.
Demonstrate your positive personal values in all you do and say.
We are extremely thankful to all the Blackwell students who have been purchasing snowman grams during lunch. The Blackwell elves selling them are having trouble keeping up with the orders! All proceeds from the snowman gram sales will go directly to purchasing holiday gifts for Blackwell families in need!
- Please turn in your Pizza Tuesday pre-form if your child is interested in having pizza the send half of the year from Jet’s Order form
6th Grade Parent Night at Addams Junior High Flyer
- Throughout the month of November, Ms. Phelan, the assistant principal at Jane Addams Junior High has visited the elementary feeder schools in preparation for next school year. Sixth grade students received an overview of a typical day in junior high, learned about the different elective course options and extracurricular opportunities, and had an opportunity to have their questions answered.
- Next year’s scheduling is around the corner, so be on the lookout for your child’s elective selection sheet. The elective course selection sheets are due back on December 14. In addition to helping the students adjust, the junior highs are also offering a parent night to be held on Wednesday, December 12 from 6:00-7:00pm where you can come and learn about your child’s school for next year.
- For our Dual Language and Chinese Immersion families, there will be a presentation from 5:30-6:00pm that will provide specific information about the program your child is enrolled in.
- We ask that all gift requests taken be logged in with the secretaries, wrapped with the ornament firmly taped to the gift, and returned to the office by Friday, December 14th so families can pick them up the week before we leave for break.
- If you would like more information about Blackwell’s Family Giving Tree, you can contact the main office at 847-357-5555 or the Blackwell Social Worker at 847-357-5548.
- We still are in need of Room Reps to sponsor some of our classrooms for the winter classroom parties on December 21st from 1:45-2:45.
You can sign up using the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ba4a929a1fa7-holiday
- Rooms that still have availability are: Seifert, Marlega, Peddy, Hopkins, Beucher, Starck, Sharma and Fowler
- Please remember that you need to be in contact with your Room Rep partner and the classroom teacher by the second week of December.
- The base cost of the yearbook is $20. Online orders allow for customization of two pages with personal photos and memories specific to your child and provides the option to upgrade to a hardcover for additional cost of $6.00.
- To Purchase & Customize Your Yearbook: Go to www.TreeRing.com/validate
- Enter our school’s passcode: 1014797631033545
Returning families may already have account information established and can login as a “returning customer” and update their child’s information for the current school year and proceed with ordering without needing the school passcode.
- We will provide opportunities to place orders via cash or check periodically throughout the year, however only online ordering allows for customization or upgrade options.
If you have any questions about Yearbook ordering or customization, please contact our Parent volunteer, Tara Gayton at email@example.com
- In a previous email, I included a letter asking you to take the Illinois State Board of Education’s 5Essentials Survey for parents and sharing with you our plans to administer the student survey at school. Please note that since that time, Illinois has changed the date for the student survey, which won’t be available until Dec. 11. It is still our plan to complete the survey at school prior to winter break. The parent survey will be available online through Feb. 15 2019, at https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois.
Please note that the date of the annual Blackwell Variety Show has changed. It will now be on Thursday, December 20th from 6-8pm in the Blackwell gymnasium. We are looking forward to a wonderful showcase of the unique talents of our Blackwell students!