Click on the link below to view the school supply lists for the 2017-18 school year.
The student body at Blackwell School participated in a walk for JDRF. The students, and staff raised over $5,000!
Thank you to everyone that helped make this a success!
Click on the link to read the latest edition of the Blackwell Banner.
- May 19th– JDRF Walk from 1:00-3:00pm (the walk will start at 1:30pm)
- May 22nd– District Rocketry Club- Rocket Launch at Olympic Park
- May 23rd– 5/6 Trip to Naper Settlement
- May 24th– Whole School Field trip to Chicago Sky Educational Day
- May 26th– Field Day
- May 29th– No School Memorial Day
- May 30th– 6th Grade Celebration from 6:00-8:00pm Parents and siblings are welcome to join us!
- May 31st– 6th Grade Recognition from 11:45-2:20pm Parents are welcome to join us!
- June 1st– Whole School Assembly at 9:00- Last Day of School for Students
- June 2nd– Last Day of School for Teachers
Blackwell Field Day
- We are in need of parent volunteers for our annual upcoming Field Day on Friday, May 26th. Please see the attached flyer for more details and sign up information. Feel free to contact Mr. Navas with any questions. Volunteer form
Our K-4th grade students will be participating in an end of the year alphabet countdown.
- Monday- Name Day
- Tuesday-Oh, We stay in our pajamas today! Wear your pajamas
- Wednesday- Poetry Day
- Thursday- Quiz Day You’ll take a fun quiz about your teacher.
- Friday- Read, Read, Read Day
Permission slips were sent home a few weeks ago with your children for our whole school field trip to the Chicago Sky Educational Day on May 24th. Permission Slip
- All permission slips and $5.00 were due back to their classroom teachers by today. Please turn them in on Monday at the latest, if you would like your child(ren) to attend.
- We are looking forward to this educational and unique opportunity for our students to participate in together as an entire school!
- We will be eating our lunches at Allstate Arena, please see the attached form on how each lunch must be packaged. Flyer
Blackwell’s first annual Charitable Walk began with an all-school assembly on Wednesday, May 3. We began fundraising for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) on Thursday and will continue through May 17th. Students are not to solicit door-to-door. Rather, we hope they can ask family or friends for donations. On Friday, May 19th, all students will participate in a walk outside and around Blackwell in support of Juvenile Diabetes. We hope that our families and community will be able to come out and cheer us on as we walk on May 19th beginning at 1:30pm.
- Please watch the inspirational video that was created to kick-off to a great cause. https://youtu.be/Kabc5wL8fUk
- We will be walking the path behind Blackwell to the exit at Cloverdale and then turning around. Please join us along the path to cheer our students on!
All Blackwell students learning about remembering to PAUSE before they say or do something and staff and their peers will use the word Pause to remind them to check their behavior. Please ask them about the Cool Tool they participated in this week! We are focusing on the key Failure Leads to Success and decreasing the number of disrespect referrals by 20% for the month of May.