The staff at Blackwell wishes everyone a safe and fun summer! We will see you at the “Back To School Picnic” in August.
Important Dates-Sign Language Interpreters must be requested five days before an event by contacting Jennifer Vera at Jennifervera@nullsd54.org.
- May 21st– District Rocketry Club- Rocket Launch at Olympic Park(canceled-rescheduled for Wed. May 23rd)
- May 23rd– 6th grade Celebration from 6-8pm
- May 24th– Whole School Field trip to Brookfield Zoo
- May 25th– Field Day (Rain date May 29th)
- May 28th– No School Memorial Day
- May 31st- Whole School Assembly at 9:00- Last Day of School for Students
- June 1st– Last Day of School for Teachers
Our students have been participating in an end of the year alphabet countdown.
- Monday- Sports Day Wear your favorite sports gear
- Tuesday-Thank you note Day
- Wednesday- USA Day Wear red, white and blue
- Thursday- Voting Day Vote on your favorite things from the year
- Friday- Workout Day
- We are looking forward to this educational and unique opportunity for our students to participate in together as an entire school!
- We will be eating our lunches at the Brookfield Zoo, please pack a disposable lunch that will be carried until each group decides to eat.
- It would be a good idea for students to bring a disposable water bottle and apply sunscreen prior to coming to school.
- Please remember that our field trip is from 8:45-1:45pm. All students and staff will be at the zoo for the entire time.
- All chaperones that have been contacted by Mrs. Mandarino need to be at Blackwell by 8:40am. Please check in at the main office the morning of May 24th.
Wow, what an amazing St. Jude Foundation assembly! The energy in the gym was exhilarating. We were able to come together as a building and raise $5,080 for the St. Jude Foundation. The genuine excitement from the crowd when the grand total was revealed gave us all chills! We will be celebrating with the pie in the face, egg on the head, duct taping Mr. Navas and sliming Mrs. Sagan on May 31st at 1:45pm. Feel free to join us or watch it on our YouTube channel.
Blackwell 2nd Annual Charitable Walk- Blackwell Saves Lives- St. Jude Foundation
- Blackwell’s began fundraising for St. Jude Foundation last Thursday and will continue through May 16th. Students are not to solicit door-to-door. Rather, we hope they can ask family or friends for donations. On Friday, May 18th, all students will participate in a walk outside and around Blackwell in support of St. Jude Foundation. We hope that our families and community will be able to come out and cheer us on as we walk on May 18th beginning at 1:45pm. Flyer
Blackwell Field Day
- We are in need of parent volunteers for our annual upcoming Field Day on Friday, May 25th. Please see the attached flyer for more details and sign up information. Feel free to contact Mr. Navas with any questions. Field Day
- A pre-printed registration form was mailed home for your child(ren) for the 2018-2019 school year on March 24th. Please sign date and return the form to our office by Monday, April 30th, 2018. You can also complete the process online through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Please be advised that the District 54 School Board recently revised its policy on registration and now requires all families to prove that they live within District 54 boundaries every year. If you have any questions about the registration process, please call our office at 847-357-5555.
End of the year Alphabet Countdown Reminder
- Our whole building is participating in an end of the year alphabet countdown.
- Monday- Name Day
- Tuesday-PJ Day
- Wednesday- Poetry Day
- Thursday- Quiz day
- Friday- Read, Read, Read Day
District 54 Virtual Learning University:
- Are you searching for an innovative way to empower your children over the summer? Are you looking for a comprehensive approach to summer learning that combats boredom and keeps everyone engaged? Look no further! We have created a new website with a wide range of challenges at each grade level to help prevent the summer slide. Visit the School District 54 Virtual Learning University to tackle challenges for literacy, math, science, social science, language and culture too! Each content area has multiple challenges to keep your children’s minds focused and active throughout the summer weeks! Within each category you will find family activities, individual activities and places to visit in our community and surrounding areas. We hope you’ll encourage your children to visit our Virtual Learning University often throughout the summer to challenge themselves and to keep your family learning together. Click here to access the Virtual Learning University or find the link under Popular Links on the District 54 website.