- Come support District 54 Special Olympics athletes from Blackwell at the Pack the Stands event Monday, November 18, 2019 at Addams Junior High. Be ready to cheer for all the athletes – our hometown District 54 students– as they compete on the basketball court. At halftime, our Special Olympics Poms team, the District 54 Sensations, will perform their routine as well! It will be a fun evening for all! Arrive at 5:30 pm to be sure you get a seat!
- The next round of MAP testing begins December 2, 2019. We are excited to monitor the progress of the goals we reviewed with your child earlier this year. Shortly after the conclusion of the MAP testing window, we will share the results with you.
- We are excited to see the growth our students have made since the fall MAP administration. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
- The schedule will be sent out in the upcoming weeks.
- As a Blackwell community, we would like to announce that the annual Blackwell Family Giving Tree Project for the 2019-2020 school year will be coming to our office soon! We would like to take a moment to ask our community and staff to help support Blackwell families to make the holiday season a little brighter.
- The Blackwell Family Giving Tree will be available in the office beginning Friday, November 22nd. The Blackwell Family Giving tree will have ornaments for individual children with “a wish” gift request and other pertinent information. We ask that all gift requests taken be logged in with the secretaries, wrapped with the ornament firmly taped to the gift, and returned to the office by Monday, December 16th so families can pick them up the week before we leave for break.
- If you would like more information about Blackwell’s Family Giving Tree, you can contact the main office at 847-357-5555 or the Blackwell Social Worker at 847-357-5548.
- Los Windy City Bulls albergara una noche de compra de boletos dedicada al Distrito 54 el viernes 10 de enero en el Sears Center Arena de Hoffman Estates, y una parte de los ingresos de cada boleto comprado se donará a la Fundación Educativa del Distrito 54.
- ¡Haga clic aquí para obtener más información o para comprar boletos!
- La noche de adquisición de boletos a beneficio del Distrito 54 contará con estudiantes del Distrito 54 que participaran en presentaciones y otras experiencias en la cancha antes y durante el juego, y un partido de baloncesto de entre los participantes del programa de Olimpiadas Especiales del Distrito 54 durante el medio tiempo.
- The Windy City Bulls will host a District 54 takeover night on Friday, January 10 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, and a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased will be donated back to the District 54 Education Foundation.
- Click here for more information or to purchase tickets!
The District 54 take-over night will feature District 54 students participating in performances and other on-court experiences before and throughout the game, and a District 54 Special Olympics basketball match at halftime.
Se necesitan actos para el Evento Multicultural 2020
Cada año, el Departamento de Lenguaje y Cultura, junto con el Distrito de Parques de Schaumburg, presenta un evento multicultural que muestra la diversidad representada por los estudiantes del Distrito 54. Estamos buscando estudiantes que deseen participar en un acto grupal o individual durante el evento multicultural, pautado para el Sábado 7 de marzo de 2020. Las solicitudes para participar serán aceptadas entre el 14 al 26 de noviembre. Una reunión informativa se llevará a cabo el martes 12 de noviembre a las 3:30 en el Centro de Administración Rafferty para aquellos ser los primeros en someter sus aplicaciones. Haga clic aquí para tener acceso a la solicitud. Usted también puede presentar una solicitud visitando el sitio web del Distrito 54 o hablando con la secretaria de la escuela de su hijo/a para solicitar el formulario.
Performers needed for Multicultural Event 2020
Each year the District 54 Department of Language and Culture, along with the Schaumburg Park District, presents a Multicultural Event showcasing the diversity represented by students in District 54. They are looking for groups and individuals who are interested in performing at this year’s event on Saturday, March 7. Applications for performances will be accepted from November 14-26. An informational meeting will be held at 3:30 on Tuesday, November 12 at the Rafferty Administration Center, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg, for those who would like to apply early. Click here to access the application. You can also apply by visiting the District 54 website or by requesting a form from our building secretaries.
The Illinois State Board of Education annually releases school report cards that show how each school, each district and the state is performing on a wide range of educational goals. The 2019 report card information posted on the state’s website at illinoisreportcard.com and on the District 54 website at sd54.org/schoolreportcards.
The illinoisreportcard.com website contains results from the Illinois Assessment of Readiness, as well as information about student and teacher demographics, enrollment and financial information. The report card also includes results from the 5Essentials survey, which was given to students in grades 6 through 8, certified staff and parents last year. If you do not have access to the Internet or prefer to receive a hard copy, you may call the school at 847-357-5555.
We are looking forward to honoring our veterans at a whole school assembly with student choral singing and a TAPS performance by Miss Hewell on Monday, November 11th at 10:45am.