2017-2018 PTA Officers
Nothing from June 18, 2018 to July 18, 2018.
Purchase your gift cards through Blackwell PTA and these retailers will donate a certain percentage of sales back to our PTA. Jewel, Target, Panera, Chipotle, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Kohl’s and many more of our regular shopping and dining spots are on this list. Grab a card or two for yourself for holiday gifts and help support your PTA. Ask your relatives at Thanksgiving if they need gift cards too.
The Magic Closet collects clothes to share with our students. It would be nice to have some new things in the closet. If you would like to donate gift cards (Target, Wal-Mart or Kohl’s) to the Magic Closet see the bottom of the last page of the order form. Choose which card you’d like and the denomination in the marked section, and add to your check total.
To view a complete list of retailers, visit www.glscrip.com and click on “Retailer List” on the left. If you see something online, just write it on the sheet and we can order it.
All order are due on 12/1/17 to be delivered in mid-December.
The latest Banner is now available! Have a great weekend!
Elizabeth Blackwell PTA Goals
Please help the Blackwell PTA achieve these goals! We cannot do this without the support of our amazing Blackwell Community!
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community.
- To advocate for laws that further the education, health, welfare and safety of children and youth.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth; and
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental,emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To promote diversity and inclusion to strengthen our PTA
- Create a diversity and inclusion committee
- Utilize assemblies, family nights, and cultural arts events to educate students and families.
- To enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement improved method of communications through a comprehensive use of current technology (i.e. website, social media, web meetings, etc)
- Utilize website technology on which action items can be posted and will allow individuals or groups to discuss, express opinions, or share additional information.
- To promote health and safety
- Provide healthy options at events where food is available for purchases
- Create regular safety and health campaigns that engage students and parents (i.e. distracted driving, dental health, cover your cough, etc.)
- To beautify the landscape of the school building to create
- Clean up current landscape and add more native plants and shrubs
- Create a school garden on the southwest side of the building
- Organize a group of students/families that will help to maintain the garden/landscape (i.e. watering, weed pulling, trimming, etc.
- To instill a sense of responsibility and volunteerism
- Enlist students of all ages to volunteer to help at PTA events.
- Create age appropriate tasks.
- To reinforce and encourage positivity and happiness in and out of school
- Recognition for members / families that support the PTA goals
- Support the District 54 Happiness Advantage initiatives
- All meeting materials can be found on the PTA Website. Please print and bring along should you want handouts.
- Only PAID members are allowed to vote. Spread the word!
- We will be supporting the SD54 Education Foundation Fundraiser tonight by ordering pizzas from Lou Malnati’s. If you cannot attend, please try to support this great cause!
Hello Blackwell PTA!
We are back to school and the first official piece of business is to review the DRAFT PTA Budget. This budget will need to be approved by the general membership at the first PTA meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. To keep the meetings as efficient as possible the Board asks that all members review the budget and come prepared to discuss as needed.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to any of the PTA Officers.
We look forward to a fun and productive school year!!!
Today is the Back to School Picnic! Rain or shine we will be there and hope you will join us as we welcome our new and returning students and families for the 2017—2018 school year.
5:00 pm: Picnic opens
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm: School supply drop-off and teacher meet/greet
7:30 pm: Picnic ends
There will be food and drinks available as well as a DJ and other fun activities. Stop by one of the many information tables:
- PTA Membership
- Spirit Wear/Blackwell Gear (for sale)
- Schaumburg Police and Fire Departments
- Schaumburg Park District
- New to Blackwell – Things You Should Know
Lastly, please bring in your BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION! There will be a collection box on the ticket table.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you are like me…I shop for everything on Amazon!!! No dragging the kids to the store or shoving and elbowing your way to the supply bin to find the last item you need is sold out…who has time for that! This year you can shop for supplies through Amazon Smile. This amazing program gives you the same great amazon prices and selections but a percentage of your purchase is given back to the Blackwell PTA. How great is that!
Here are the links to help get you started:
Just click and you are on your way!
Time is of the essence…and so is money! Especially at back to school. Well what if you could shop for supplies and raise money for the Blackwell PTA at the same time? Meet AmazonSmile. Same great Amazon products and prices except a percent of your spending is given back to the PTA. How simple is that? And the fact that you didn’t even have to leave home is an added BONUS! Just click on the link below to be taken to the AmazonSmile home page for the Blackwell PTA. Please note the following:
- You must shop at the smile.amazon.com site for donations to take effect.
- This does not work with the Amazon App at this time.
For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
We are so excited to share this new site with are PTA Members and Community. This website replaces the PTA link on the Blackwell School page. The intention of the website is to provide news and information on events and programs sponsored by the PTA. It is also a place for members to find valuable resources. We look forward to your feedback on how to make the website better as we progress through the year.